Continental Breakfast and Registration
Welcoming Remarks from:
- Jacqualine Rubbo, Vice President & Producer, INFORMATION MANAGEMENT NETWORK
Conference Chairperson’s Opening Comments
- Joseph Witthohn, VP, EMERALD ASSET MANAGEMENT
STILL LIVING AND LEARNING THE LESSONS OF LEHMAN BROTHERS
· How we got into the Financial Crisis
· Dodd-Frank to the Rescue?
· How do we get out of this mess?
· Are we in a gold bubble?
- Mark Williams, Educator, Author and Risk Management Expert, BOSTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
ENHANCING THE ASSET ALLOCATION PROCESS: CREATING THE RIGHT BALANCE [ Related Content ]
- Determining the best strategy: Strategic, Dynamic, Tactical
- Portfolio Rebalancing: Deciding when the time is right
- Washington’s impact
- Choosing the right asset to compliment your current mix
- Ronald DeLegge, Founder & Chief Portfolio Strategist, ETFGUIDE.COM (Moderator)
- James Picerno, Editor, CAPITALSPECTATOR.COM
- Larry Steinberg, Financial Quarterback, FINANCIAL ARCHITECTS
- Joe Burgoyne, Director, OPTIONS INDUSTRY COUNCIL
THE ETF REVOLUTION: WHAT ROADS TO CONQUER NEXT
- A review of the current ETF landscape and future opportunities and challenges
- Where is the industry going in terms of new products? Is this the direction it should be going in?
- A look at the continuing evolution of ETFs in investors' portfolios
- ETF trends: A focus on environmental issues
- Thomas Schneeweis, President, ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT ANALYTICS, LLC, Professor of Finance, UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS (Moderator)
- Ronald Ryan, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Architect, Founder, RYAN ALM, INC.
- Michael Dieschbourg, Board Member, INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS ASSOCIATION, Managing Director, BROADMARK ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC
- Joseph Keefe, President and Chief Executive Officer, PAX WORLD MANAGEMENT LLC
- Thomas Porrazzo, Managing Director, BNY MELLON
HOW TO ANALYZE ETFs AND MAKE PRODUCT DECISIONS
- When to use certain products to capture efficiency: ETFs, ETPs, ETNs, Closed-End Funds and Mutual Funds
- Ranking product features and strategy fit: Not all products are created equal
- Are people analyzing ETF’s correctly
- Are end users misusing the products and if so how?
- Defining tracking error and tracking risk
- Managing ETF growth: Capturing opportunity
- Joseph Witthohn, VP, EMERALD ASSET MANAGEMENT (Moderator)
- Vinny Catalano, President & Global Investment Strategist, BLUE MARBLE RESEARCH
- Ed McRedmond, SVP- Business Development Director, INVESCO POWERSHARES
- William Rhind, Head of Sales & Marketing, ETFS MARKETING, LLC
- Douglas Wolfe, Managing Partner, SADDLE RIVER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC
GLOBAL INVESTMENT STRATEGIES [ Related Content ]
- A look at Emerging Market equity and bond ETFs
- Measuring liquidity and exploiting the markets
- Opportunities in Frontier markets
- Regulatory risk and ownership limits
- What is the source of growth of interest in global markets?
- Tom Lydon, Editor and Publisher, ETF TRENDS (Moderator)
- Stephen Cook, Chief Operating Officer, Global ETFs, BNY MELLON ASSET SERVICING
- Mark Sladkus, Founder & President, RED LIGHTHOUSE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
- Deborah Fuhr, Managing Partner & Co-founder, ETFGI
|Please Note Concurrent Sessions Are Divided Into Track A and Track B|
RISK BASED ASSET ALLOCATION: BALANCING RISK AND RETURN
- Risk Parity: Improving Risk Diversification
- Minimum Variance Based Investing
- Benefits to a Plan Sponsor of a Risk Parity approach to asset allocation over the traditional 60/40 framework
- Rebuilding assets and reducing future loss with reducing volatility exposure
- Comparing different environments: When to rebalance
- Exploring the hidden risks and misuses
- James Bicksler, Professor of Finance & Economics - Business School, RUTGERS UNIVERSITY (Moderator)
- Jack Ablin, Chief Investment Officer, BMO PRIVATE BANK
- Richard Michaud, President and Chief Investment Officer, NEW FRONTIER ADVISORS, LLC
- Philip Gocke, Managing Director, OPTIONS INDUSTRY COUNCIL
THE ROLE OF ETFs AND INDEXING IN AN INSTITUTIONAL PORTFOLIO
- Changing the portfolio: Liquidity, Low Cost and Transparency
- Using ETFs to exposure a portfolio to an array of asset classes
- Choosing which ETFs work for your plan
- Active vs. Passive Investing
- Seddik Meziani, PhD, Professor of Economics and Finance, MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY (Moderator)
- Jerry Davis, Principal, AMERICAN PENSION PROFESSIONALS
- Ed Lynch, Vice President, PAX WORLD MANAGEMENT LLC
TARGET DATE INDEXES AND PRODUCTS
- Target Date Investing: diversifying and gaining exposure
- Investing to maintain your lifestyle
- Traditional 401(k) plans vs. ETF-based 401(k) plans
- Active ETFs in 401(k)
- Ronald Ryan, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Architect, Founder, RYAN ALM, INC. (Moderator)
- Daniel Weiskopf, Principal, FOREFRONT CAPITAL LLC
- Larry Steinberg, Financial Quarterback, FINANCIAL ARCHITECTS
ACTIVE ETFS: WILL THEY SUCCEED INDEXED ETFs
- Has their time to shine finally arrived?
- Are most markets sufficiently inefficient to make active management work?
- Where and when should active investors look for opportunities?
- Is regulatory uncertainty impeding Active ETF product development?
- Where is the line between passive and active management?
- Is the liquidity for active ETFs as robust as it is for passive ETFs?
- Rob Ivanoff, Director of Research, FINANCIAL PRODUCTS RESEARCH (Moderator)
- David O'Leary, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, AER ADVISORS, INC.
- William Donahue, Director, PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS LLP
- Alex Gurvich, Founding Member / Managing Partner, THE ROCKLEDGE GROUP
GAINING EXPOSURE: INCORPORATING COMMODITY AND CURRENCY ETFs IN YOUR PORTFOLIO [ Related Content ]
- Exploring vehicles used to gain exposure to commodities: What’s your strategy?
- Are Commodities getting physical? Creating a physical demand
- Future based commodity indices vs. commodity related equity investments
- Implementing a long/short strategy as a compliment or as an alternative to employing inverse ETFs
- Cashing In: What is likely to be the next global currency hot-spot?
- How is the European Debt Crisis affecting the currency market?
- Michael Johnston, Managing Director, ETF DATABASE (Moderator)
- John Serrapere, Director of Research, ARROW INSIGHTS, LLC
- Patrick Finn, Director, ETF Business Development, VAN ECK GLOBAL
- Rick Harper, Director of Fixed Income, WISDOMTREE ASSET MANAGEMENT, INC.
- John Hyland, Chief Investment Officer, UNITED STATES COMMODITY FUNDS LLC
STAY CURRENT: MEETING QUALIFICATION AND REGULATORY OBLIGATIONS
- New and proposed SEC and MSRB rules: Who does it affect?
- New Procedures for individual and entities dealing with public pension funds
- Breaking down the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Lloyd Davis Raines, First Vice President, RBC WEALTH MANAGEMENT (Moderator)
- Louis Randazzo, Senior Enforcement Counsel, U.S. SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
- Kevin Kelcourse, Assistant Director, Enforcement Division, U.S. SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
TRADING ETFs AND GETTING BEST EXECUTION [ Related Content ]
- Examining new efficiencies out of the trading process: Reducing market impact and opportunity costs
- Using Transaction Cost Analysis for analyzing, monitoring and enhancing trading performance
- High Frequency Trading: How has this impacted cost over last 3 years?
- Best Practices in ETF trade execution and access to liquidity
- The Future of Quantitative Investments
- Vinny Catalano, President & Global Investment Strategist, BLUE MARBLE RESEARCH (Moderator)
- Paul Zubulake, Senior Analyst, AITE GROUP
- Briton Ryan, Head of ETF Sales & Trading, NEWEDGE USA
- Kevin O'Connor, Managing Director, ITG
- Adam Sussman, Partner & Director of Research, TABB GROUP
INDEX CONSTRUCTION METHODOLOGY: CHOOSING THE BEST
- Explore how various providers construct and adjust the content of individual products
- Withstanding downturns and benefiting from boom: Managing market exposure
- Constructing products vis-à-vis an index
- What constitutes good practices, what questions trustees should be asking a prospective provider about fees, liquidity, correlation with other ETFs
- Post financial crisis, what are some of the problems index providers are looking to address with new products?
- What kind of choices do investors have in accessing alternative investments via indexing strategies?
- Mark Sladkus, Founder & President, RED LIGHTHOUSE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (Moderator)
- Mark Abssy, Senior Index and ETF Manager, ISE ETF VENTURES
- Rob Ivanoff, Director of Research, FINANCIAL PRODUCTS RESEARCH
- Rick Ferri, Managing Partner, PORTFOLIO SOLUTIONS, LLC
IMN’s 2nd Annual World Series of ETFs and Indexing Concludes