An 18-year veteran of the auction industry, Douglas Johnson is currently a Managing Director, Auction Services, at CBRE. Based in the firm's Chicago office, Mr. Johnson joined the firm in 2010 to lead the newly formed real estate auction business line in the United States.
Mr. Johnson's resume of successful real estate auction sales is diverse, ranging from hotels, golf courses, resorts, multi-family, office, retail, industrial, development land, other types of commercial properties, and condominium developments. His client base includes Fortune 500 companies and corporate America, financial institutions, developers, the hospitality industry, REIT's, home builders, Bankruptcy Court, foreclosure/Circuit Court, government, estate, trust and private sellers.
Prior to CBRE, Mr. Johnson was a Senior Vice President at Sheldon Good & Company Auctions, LLC where, throughout his tenure, he focused on real estate auction sales. He was the youngest broker to be named Partner in the firm's history.
Mr. Johnson is widely quoted as an expert regarding the benefits of selling via the real estate auction. A frequent speaker on the subject, he has addressed a number of professional and trade organizations. Additionally, he has authored or co-authored numerous articles that have appeared in real estate columns for various trade publications.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Arizona State University School of Business
- Graduate, Reppert School of Auctioneering
ACCREDITATIONS / DESIGNATIONS
- Licensed in several states as a real estate broker/salesperson and auctioneer
- 2010/2011 Chairman, Chicago Association of Realtors (CAR) CommercialForum
- 2009/2010 Vice Chairman, Chicago Association of Realtors CommercialForum
- Chicago Association of Realtors (CAR), 2010/2011 Board Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member
- Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA), Affiliate Member
- Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association (IHLA), Member
- National Auctioneers Association (NAA), Member