Total DC Connections since inception: 201961
| Event Description
The big investment theme of 2013 - the "Great Rotation" – is splitting market commentary. Whether or not capital will flow out of expensive bonds and back into undervalued equity this year remains to be seen. In the meantime, Federal Reserve officials are becoming increasingly concerned that record-low interest rates are overheating markets for certain assets which, when they reverse their unprecedented bond purchases, could lead to significant financial imbalances.
Understanding the challenges ahead and what it means for institutional investment strategy is the underlying focus of IMN’s 12th Annual Canada Cup of Investment Management, May 14-15, Toronto. We examine the potential economic scenarios, how investment strategy would need to adapt as a result and assess approaches for generating performance in the current low rate environment.
Bringing together executives from Canada’s leading public and corporate pensions, investment consultancies, providers and academics, we focus on practical approaches to investment.
Join us to discuss key issues, including:
- Canadian Plan Sponsor CIO Panel: Investing in a Low Rate Environment
- Macro-Economic & Structural Change/Megatrends Shaping Society - Where Are We Headed in the Medium- Long-Term?
- A Practical Application: Portfolio Construction to Weather the Different Economic/Market Scenarios
- Portfolio Processes Vs. Forecasting Ability as a Key Factor in Achieving Long-Term Market Outperformance
- Real Estate: Have We Finally Turned a Corner? Where is the Smart Money Going?
- Routes to Emerging & Frontier Markets: Portfolio Construction to Exploit Growth at the Right Price
- Alternative Benchmarks as a Source of Performance: How Are They Faring? What is the Strategic Case for Institutional Investors to Make Allocations?
- Examining Different Approaches to Volatility Exposure in Portfolio Construction: From Low to High - How are they Doing and What Can We Learn?
- Getting the Most from Venture Capital Funds: Fixing the ‘Broken’ Institutional Investor Investment Model
- The Latest in ETF & Managed Futures Strategies for Institutional Investors
- Institutional Investor Perspective: Asset Manager Selection; Aligning Interests; Evolving Relations and Communications
- The Global Infrastructure Market: Investment Hot Spots; Investing Directly Vs. Infrastructure Funds; Risk-Reward Profiles
| Who Should Attend
- Public & Corporate Pension Plans
- Insurance Companies
- Investment Consultants
- Hedge Fund Managers
- Asset Managers
- Index Providers
- Law Firms
- Technology Providers
Conference Home |
Conference Agenda |
Sponsors & Exhibitors |