Code of Conduct: The principles contained within this code of conduct apply to all IMN events globally.
IMN is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body type, race, age, ethnicity, religion, political views or technology choices. All employees, attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at our events are required to comply with the following code of conduct. We will enforce this code of conduct at every event and we expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for all.
An Ethical Company
At IMN, we believe in doing business in an ethical manner. We are a company driven by our principles, beliefs and values, and we believe in our events being safe and ethical places to conduct meetings and promote the creation, development and nurturing of business relationships. In addition, we expect everyone who works in and/or participates in our events to adhere to these standards.
We ask that you always behave ethically when participating in our events. We also expect you to act with integrity, honesty and respect in your interactions with our employees, other delegates, event participants and contributors. You are a representative of your company and you are responsible for your own actions.
We Belive In Fair Competiton
We ask that all business conducted at our events is legal, open and honest. Our events are held in accordance with anti-trust law and applicable competition laws wherever our events are hosted. We ask that all relevant anti-trust regulations and competition laws be complied with.
Treat Everyone With Dignity And Respect
IMN believes in equality for all and we are dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, irrespective of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body type, race, age, ethnicity, religion, political views or technology choices:
The following rules apply to all of our events:
Participants asked to stop any such behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Participants violating these rules may be asked to leave the event without a refund at the sole discretion of the Event Management Team.
- We do not tolerate harassment, insults, bullying or discrimination of our event employees or participants in any form
- All communication, verbal or otherwise, should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds and cultures
- Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for any of our events, including talks, workshops, parties, and any online media
- Sponsors are also subject to this code of conduct. Sponsors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment
- Harassment, sexist, racist, derogatory or exclusionary jokes are inappropriate for our events
Privacy & Contact Details
Business cards and contact details are readily swapped, it is how we do business, and it is how you build business relationships and contacts. This networking aspect is encouraged at all events as we attempt to facilitate successful business growth for all that attend IMN events. This is not an invitation for any kind of inappropriate contact through text, images, messages or emails.
1. What is defined as harassment?
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
2. What are the consequences of harassing behavior?
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, they will be asked to stop and expected to comply immediately. Our Event Management Team may take any action they deem to be appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
IMN has a zero-tolerance approach towards harassment; after the event, we may report the incident to the company of the offender and the complaint escalated to senior management and the CEO.
The outcome of such actions could place a black mark against the company the individual represents, and the individual themselves may be banned from attending any future events organized by IMN.
3. What should I do if I, or someone else, is being harassed?
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other related concerns, please contact a member of the event staff immediately or any of the security on site.
Event staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local police, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those who are experiencing harassment to feel safe in any way possible for the duration of the event. We value the safety of all our event participants.
4. If I witness someone being harassed, should I step in?
If you notice that someone else is being harassed, or if you have any other concerns regarding their safety, please contact a member of the event staff or any of on-site security immediately.
5. Would I need to make a report?
The event staff would ask you to make a report of the harassment incident to the Event Management Team. They will be able to guide you through the process.
Please be assured that all reports are treated with the strictest confidence. This information is valuable in assisting our Event Management Team to follow-up and deal appropriately with the response.
6. Whom should I contact for more information on your Code of Conduct?
For more information on this Code of Conduct, please contact IMN Managing Director, Andy Melvin, at firstname.lastname@example.org