To view your agenda you must be signed in
Do you have 200-750 doors? Have you gotten through your first non-family & friends fundraise and now are thinking of organizing a fund? Are you wondering how you can improve your operations and grow? Are you ready for the next step? This peer lead discussion, is looking for your questions and experience to participate.
- Will the expected stimulus and looser government regulation extend the business, credit & real estate cycle?
- Trump tweets, corporate America listens… What is the impact?
- Wall of maturity: Will it affect the middle sized multifamily investor?
- Is there irrational exuberance in multifamily values?
- Future of Freddie & Fannie… Anything new?
- Spread compression & cap rates: How are they derived and where they are likely to go?
- Are rental drivers continuing to point towards increases?
- Valuation of 24 hour cities vs. Opportunity of secondary markets
- Non-institutional markets will become so-What are the common market traits?
- How is the saturation of the luxury markets going to impact “B/C” properties?
- Co-Living and micro-apartments… Is small beautiful?
- The drop in homeownership rates was one of the contributors to the strength of multifamily during this cycle… How are you factoring that into your analysis going forward?
- View on urban/suburban or high-rise/garden
- How are you and your investors evaluating lower current-yield in exchange for potentially higher exit values?
- How should operators approach you?
- How do you evaluate operators?
- Deal terms on different types of multifamily properties
- Level of oversight on joint ventures
- Working with new construction projects
- What is your strategy? How/why do you shift among sectors?
- Buying developers out of deals and other underwriting exits Do you invest in non-institutional properties
- How much would you pay for cash flow + appreciation?
- Increasing cash flow… What is in your play book?
- Financing products & terms, recourse, cash flow necessary and debt service coverage
- Cash flows of different property classes
- Floating vs. fixed; 3- vs. 10-year?... Where should you be?
- Where is your sweet spot? What is sour?
- Core vs. value-added markets: How do you look at stable properties in unstable markets?
- Maturity refinancing requests, cash-out financing terms, subordinate financing & leverage availability
- What kind of buildings are eligible for the Freddie Mac Small Balance program?
In an era where 85% of units are found on renters’ phone are you still clinging to your ‘90s methods?
- Distinguishing your asset from the rest- Competing with peer, new or superior properties
- Attracting attention on the content side-What are online “must have’s” vs. the bells and whistles
- Managing tenant expectations after move in, how much do online ratings and reviews matter today and
- omparing what low ratings mean for class “C” vs. “A” properties
- Screening tenant tools
- Marketing “A” vs “C” units
- Increasing conversions and evaluating investments and online marketing spend based on marketing channel performance
- Customer service, resident recognition/reward, and social engagement
- Leveraging customer data and insights
- The renter customer journey-Facebook presence and the sources renters use for apartment search
- Managing capital expenditure ROI
- Finding affordable value-add plays
- Property management… Identifying the challenges and solutions
- Buying fractured condos
- Michael Jackson, Studio 54 and Hair Metal… ‘70s and ‘80s vintage properties
- Value-added renovation and amenity best practices/ROI measurement for different apartment classes
- Filling empty apartments
- Adding new sources of revenue… What are some of the ones with the most bang for the buck?
- Working on the expense side
- When does it pay to knock it down and start all over?
- In-house vs. using contractors
- Sell vs. hold … Does this change your rehab strategy?
- Buying land… How does that factor into the decision outside of the monetary part?
- How much rent can you get for a new class “A” or “B” rental?
- Small vs. larger construction projects
- Special considerations for high cost markets
- How much cash do you need to bring to the table for construction vs. acquisition? What are the current structures out there?
- Inclusionary low income housing requirements
- The condo vs. rental decision
- Have you looked in to modular? How much $$ and time does it save?
- Bridge equity, debt and hard $ and loan-to-own players... What are the current terms?
- The planned takeout
- How do you finance the newly stabilized project?
- Interest-only and prepayment structures
- Mezz and preferred equity structures with or without bridge financing
- Construction financing
- Value-add terms
- The new administration… New tax developments and IRS regulations to be aware off on the horizon
- Cost segregation, avoiding capital gains, ordinary income, depreciation recapture, treating cash distributions, avoiding passive loss limitations, repair/rehab classification
- Entity structure and capital role
- Tax credits including affordable housing
- Strategies to minimize local taxes
- Using pre- vs. after-tax income to invest in multifamily
- Tax lien acquisitions
- Seller financing and taxable income
- Refinancing tax-free
- Getting financing & raising equity for TICs
- Using 1031 proceeds and mixing with other financing
- Pulling equity out of a building and using proceeds to purchase additional units
- What you need to know about and IRA-and 401(k)- owned property
- Northern California
- Greater LA
- Orange County
- San Diego
- When are you ready for a fund?
- Did you do a fund and discover that you rather raise funds deal by deal?
- Advantages and disadvantages of the deal-by-deal structure
- What should you look for in an LP partner?
- Sourcing investors and deals… Comparing institutional vs. high net worth markets
- Spin out fund for new venture
- Reporting, manager control and investor rights
- Economics vs. single fund
- Is your strength deal making or fundraising?
- Fees, waterfalls & other structural options
John Charles Maddux
Your questions, answers and contributions are welcomed during this small group meeting focusing on issues such as finding product as reasonable prices, debt/equity finance sources and structure and making property management/operations more efficient and your buildings more profitable.
- What is your exit strategy when going into a deal? How often does the planned exit come to fruition?
- Do you hold or sell renovated deals?
- Appreciation, capital gains and cash flow impact on the decision
- Will capital gains taxes change under the new Presidential administration? Will this effect your decision?
- Plans for the sale proceeds?
- What are the factors that comprise future yield for continuing to hold?
- Impact of the market area
Been looking for mid-sized buildings but are having trouble finding them at realistic values? Finding financing is getting too expensive to make money at the current cap rates? Tenants and toilet costs going up, up, up. Get a handle on all of your issues and help others out in this peer-led discussion.
Owners are bulking up and on the hunt for portfolios of properties… This panel will feature 2 apartment deals pitched to potential buyers followed by a question and answer period for each of the transactions
Tank Leader: Aaron Gorin, CIO, Cedar Grove Capital LLC
The Buyers: Will evaluate their interest in the below projects, deal structure and how much they would pay.
- Bruce Wuollet, Founder, BAKERSON, LLC
- Edward Ryder, Senior Managing Directo, WAYPOINT RESIDENTAIL
The Sellers: Will present the following portfolios for sale.
- Chris Manning, Managing Director, PEAK CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Christopher Crippen, Managing Director, VIE MANAGEMENT
All will ask questions and participate in this lively meeting featuring walk ups, four-, six- and eight-plexes, railroad apartments and the like as we highlight issues such as equity contribution/financing, acquisitions and management/operations unique to profitably invest in and manage.
The 10-year Treasury rate-the benchmark used for multifamily borrowing-increased 65 basis points following the election due to slowly accelerating economic growth, the Fed’s rate rise and the prospect for more robust domestic output during President-elect Trump’s administration. Now that higher rates are here, what will happen with property yields? Certainly, higher long-term interest rates have the potential to be a headwind for the industry. The overall impact, however, will depend on a variety of factors including how much and how quickly rates rise, and the performance of property fundamentals, since rent growth mitigates the impact of higher interest rates.
- Inflation vs. rent growth
- Buying homes vs. renting
- Cost of new construction vs. acquiring existing
- I can get 10% from a bank CD… What will I expect from my equity returns?
- What kind of inflation/growth rate are you currently underwriting?
- What happens if inflation goes to double digits?
- Libor/Treasury/Fed Funds rate relationship
- Time to be floating or fixed? Long-term vs. short
- Do you leave your CapEx at acquisition amount the whole life of the property or do you reassess to keep up with inflation?
- Inflation expectations and rent growth
- Impact on acquisition price
This method of fundraising has proven a great way to raise debt and equity in the real estate market. Hear about How it works; How your get started; How much you can raise; How long it takes; What services a crowdfunder provides, how it has changed as well as legal and financing basics.
- Choosing and managing your managers
- Which software solutions are you using? Why?-Going from quick books and excel to something with more functionality
- How are you reaching tenants? What are their expectations? How are you avoiding turnover?
- What are the best practices for a smooth acquired apartment integration
- Identifying profit centers and the most effective unit/building amenities and ancillary revenue streams
- ROI; Cap Rate; NOI… What are the ratios and benchmarks you pay most attention to?
- Pricing/revenue management: How have you been cash flowing?
- How much has Airbnb added to revenues?
- The expense side… What have you been doing to drive expenses down?
- Can you make green with green?
- Market-specific metrics
- Controlling hot water distribution expenses
Have you considered outsourcing your back office operations as a way to improve performance and create operational savings?
- Attracting long term institutional and family office capital from the US vs. abroad
- Crowdfunding equity
- How much is sweat equity worth?
- Syndication partnerships
- Preferred equity rates, structures, buy/sell provisions and splits
- What do you look for in a money partner? How selective are JV partners you’ve came across?
- What were the key negotiation points?
- Mixing JV and traditional financing
- Partnering on construction projects
- One-offs vs. more long-term arrangements
- Joint venture equity vs. mezzanine debt… Which way should you go?
- Using brokers to find a partner
- Advice for first-timers
- What are some of the overall investment sales trends you are seeing?
- What kind of landlords are most willing to sell?
- Looking for lots, teardowns and properties to repurpose
- The 1031 market
- Bulk unit buying
- What new spigots do you expect to be opening this year?
- Re-trading as financing becomes more challenging
- What is your exit strategy and how does it affect your valuation?
This panel will feature 2 multifamily deals pitched to these potential partners followed by a question and answer period for each of the transactions
- Jerry Fink, Managing Partner, THE BASCOM GROUP, LLC
Private Equity Players- Will evaluate the following projects to see if they are interested, the deal structure and how much they will pay…
- Jonathan Watson, Director, AEW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P
- Ross Reagan, Principal, ALPHAI
- Jared Zeisler, Partner, CAPITAL SOLUTIONS INC
- Ash Baraghoush, Investment Director, HANOVER FINANCIAL COMPANY
Multifamily Owners/Operators-Will present the deals
- Shravan Parsi, Co-CEO & Principal, NAPA, LLC
- Farhan Mahmood, Director of Acquisitions, TRION PROPERTIES
In different parts of the market cycle it pays to acquire, acquire, acquire. In other parts sell, sell, sell. This session will discuss where you think your local market stands and how you are shifting your real estate investment priorities and strategies.
Save sessions of interest, print for onsite use and insert to calendar for auto reminders.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USEBelow are the terms and conditions governing your use of EIMN, LLC ("IMN") this website and any products or services connected therewith. By using the website or services connected with the website, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
*Your Obligations. You represent and warrant that you have the capacity to agree to these Terms and you are at least eighteen (18) years of age. To the extent any individual accesses a Site or uses a Service as an employee, partner, director, agent or representative ("Agent") of any legal entity which is a Subscriber, the Agent warrants that he or she has authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of the relevant legal entity.
You will procure that you and any licensed user under your subscription will: (a) comply with all applicable laws in relation to the site and services, including without limitation, laws relating to the use of Intellectual Property; (b) not use the site or the content outside the scope of permitted use and will not infringe any Intellectual Property or other rights in or relating to the site or the services or of any third party; (c) not copy, reproduce, recompile, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, upload, download, transmit, create derivative works from or otherwise exploit or tamper with the site or any software embodied in any site or service; (d) not prevent or restrict the use of any site or service by other authorized users nor hack into or cause damage to any server or other equipment operated by us; and (e) comply fully with these Terms.
*No IMN Warranties or Representations. IMN makes no warranty, express or implied, concerning any use of this website or any service or product provided in connection with this website. The services and products provided by IMN are provided on an "AS IS" basis. IMN disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, including any warranty for the use or the results of the use of the products or services. IMN is not responsible for correcting, maintaining or updating the data and services made available on this website.
Any material and analysis provided by or through IMN or this website is not a recommendation that must be followed or an offer, or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any financial product; IMN does not recommend that you enter into a particular transaction or represent that any product or service described on this website is suitable for you or your company. Nor is any information displayed here promoting any particular financial product, service or trading strategy in any jurisdiction where such an offer or solicitation, or trading strategy may be prohibited. As all prudent investors know, some transactions, including but without limitation, those involving high-yield securities, give rise to substantial risk and any investment decision you may make is your own. You should not enter into any transactions unless you have fully understood all such risks and have independently determined that such transactions are appropriate for you. Any discussion of the risks contained herein with respect to any product should not be considered to be a disclosure of all risks or complete discussion of the risks mentioned.
*Restricted Use. As a user of this website, you are not permitted to display, modify, copy, print or otherwise use the information made available to you here only for your own use. You are not permitted to publish, transmit, or otherwise make this information available in any format to any third party without the prior express written consent of IMN. You also are not permitted to change or remove any copyright (©), trademark (®, SM, TM) any other notices displayed with the information. IMN can modify the information at any time and for any reason at its sole discretion. Unless expressly stated otherwise herein, no rights are granted to you regarding the information on this website from IMN or any other source, including third party providers of information for this website, which shall under no circumstances be liable to you in any way.
*IMN Monitoring. Your use of the products and services on this Web site may be monitored by IMN in any lawful manner, and that the resulting information may be used by IMN for its internal business purposes or in accordance with the rules of any applicable regulatory or self-regulatory organization.
*Website or Internet failure. IMN shall have no liability, contingent or otherwise, to you or to third parties, or any responsibility whatsoever, for the failure of any connection or communication service to provide or maintain your access to this service, or for any interruption or disruption of such access or any erroneous communication between IMN and you. IMN also does not warrant or represent that the website shall be completely secure, specifically including without limitation, that no unauthorized person shall intercept or access information transmitted by you.
*Website Access. Access to this website is restricted by password and only authorized IMN registrants may use the website. Any unauthorized access shall be the responsibility of the Registrant and his or her company and IMN shall not be liable for any damages arising out of such unauthorized access. You agree to: (1) Keep your password confidential; (2) prohibit others from using your account; (3) refrain from using other Users’ accounts; (4) refrain from selling, trading, or otherwise transferring your account to another party; and (5) refrain from charging anyone for access to any portion of DirectConnect, or any information arising therefrom. You are also responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you can demonstrate that your account was accessed without your knowledge or fault.
*User Communication. To the extent permitted while using DirectConnect, you can use and participate in groups, free to post and delete comment on the website. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users. IMN may limit the number of connections you may have to other users and may at its sole discretion prohibit you from contacting other users through use of the Services or otherwise limit your use of the Services.
If you violate this Agreement while posting, that content may be removed without further notice or the rights of others posting here. Nothing you post here is confidential or proprietary and you are cautioned that other posters or viewers may use any information posted here. By posting here you agree that IMN is not responsible for the misappropriation or misuse of any information posted on this website.
*Privacy. Any submissions, including private personal information, like names, addresses and so on, are voluntary and you waive any and all rights you have to the protection of that information. By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents or other matter ("Submissions"), you agree that: (a) the Submissions are not confidential or proprietary information; (b) IMN has no obligation to keep the submissions confidential; (c) IMN can use or disclose the Submissions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) if asked, you will irrevocably assign to IMN all rights to your Submissions; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation of any kind from IMN under any circumstances.
*Content by Becoming a User of DirectConnect: As part of obtaining registration access to DirectConnect, unless you opt out, you may receive invitations to network from other conference attendees. We may also send you emails to keep you updated on developments in the site and services. Your registration for and/or subscription to such an email service and your use of the content received through these email services will be subject to these terms. You can unsubscribe to our email service by changing your email preferences on the website.
*License. If you comply with all your obligations under this Agreement, IMN grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license and right to access the Services, through a generally available web browser, mobile device or application view information and use the web pages and in accordance with this Agreement for your use only. Any other use of DirectConnect is strictly prohibited. All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement, including, without limitation, title, ownership, intellectual property rights, and all other rights are retained by IMN.
*Anti-Hacking. You expressly agree not to use or attempt to use any "virus," "spyware," "malware," "adware," "Trojan horse" "deep-link," "scraper," "bot," "spider," "data-mining," "computer code" or any other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, process, or methodology or manual process having similar processes or functionality, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of this website or content. You also agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain through any means any materials or information on the website that have not been intentionally made available either by their public display on the Web Site or through their accessibility by a visible link or portal. You further agree not to violate the security of the website or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website, data, materials, information, computer systems or networks connected to any server, through hacking, password mining or any other method.
*No Linkage. You expressly agree not to link or attempt to link to this website or the web pages contained herein.
*Third Party Information. Some of the information you access here is the property of third parties, made available here with the express permission of those third parties. IMN is not responsible for the content of any third party information provided on this website. You are cautioned that any further use of that information by you may be subject to the rights of those third parties and you may be required to obtain a license to use any such information. Failure to obtain third party permission may be a violation of federal law. You should contact the third party provider of the information to ascertain the requirements for using the information.
*Copyright and Trademarks. The layout of the website pages, graphics and pictures used and the collection of individual contributions are protected by copyright. All copyrights belong either to IMN, the third-party content providers or both. Either IMN or the third-party content providers own all trademarks and service marks depicted here.
*Indemnification. You agree to indemnify hold harmless and defend IMN, including our employees, officers, agents and contractors and our related entities and their employees, officers, partners, agents and contractors ("Indemnified") and continue to keep the Indemnified indemnified from and against any actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs (on a full indemnity basis including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees) brought or made against the Indemnified by any person arising in connection with your use of the Website or content, or a breach of your representations and warranties in the Terms and Conditions of Use or this Agreement, or your violation of any of the Terms and Conditions of Use or this Agreement or any other activity in which you engage on or through, and from and against any damage, loss(whether personal or property, and whether direct or consequential, including without limitation consequential financial loss), cost or expense suffered or incurred by any Indemnified as a direct or indirect consequence thereof.
*Changes in Terms and Conditions. IMN may at any time revise the terms and conditions by which you may access the website or use IMN products or services. By using this website and IMN products and services, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to determine the then current version of this document.
*Limitation of Liability. Neither we, nor any of our suppliers, officers, employees, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and assigns, agents or representatives (our "Representatives") will be liable to you for:
(a) any incidental, punitive, indirect, special or consequential damage, loss or expenses, including but not limited to any loss of business, contracts, revenue, or profits, any business interruption, security breach, loss of data, loss of goodwill or reputation or other pecuniary loss suffered by you, even if we or any of our Representatives have been advised of their possible existence; nor? (b) any direct damage loss or expenses arising from loss of customers, loss of profits, loss of anticipated profits or loss of savings.
*Termination. You may terminate this Agreement, for any or no reason, at any time, when IMN receives notice from you. IMN may terminate the Agreement and your account for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without notice. This cancellation shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice and may include disabling your current and future access to DirectConnect. IMN may also suspend or terminate this Agreement if you invite other users with whom you do not know to connect; abuse the any DirectConnect messaging services; creating multiple or false profiles; infringe on any intellectual property rights, violating any provisions in this Agreement, disparage IMN or its executives, Board members, affiliates, staff or other related entities or persons, or exhibit any other behavior that IMN, in its sole discretion, deems contrary to the purpose of the website.
*No Waiver. Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
*Entire Agreement. These terms (including any terms incorporated by reference in these terms), constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to your access to and use of the website or receipt of any service and supersede all prior agreements, negotiations and discussions between you and us relating to the same.
*Law and Jurisdiction. Where you visit, register and/or subscribe to a this site or related service (as indicated on this website or otherwise notified to you), these terms (and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these terms, including non-contractual disputes or claims), to the maximum extent permissible under the law of the territory that you are located in, will be governed by the laws of the State of New York. Any action to enforce these terms shall be brought in a federal court or a state court located in the state of New York, county of New York, and you agree to submit yourself to the personal jurisdiction of those courts in any such action.
*Force Majeure. We shall not be deemed to be in breach of these Terms by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform any service or our obligations in relation to these Terms, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, explosions, floods, fire or accident, war or threat of war, terrorism or threat of terrorism, sabotage, civil disturbance, epidemics, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority, import or export regulations or embargoes, or industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving our employees or of third parties).
*Severability. If any provision of these Terms is found to be wholly or partially invalid, void or unenforceable by any court having competent jurisdiction or by virtue of any legislation or any other reason, that provision shall be invalid, void or unenforceable to that extent only and no further and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms shall not be affected.
*Notices. Any notice given pursuant to these Terms shall be made by email or first class post, in the case of you, to the address provided on your registration form and, in the case of us, to the address posted on the website or otherwise notified to you in relation to any relevant service. Any such notice shall be deemed to have arrived if sent by post within three (3) days of posting and if sent by email at the time of transmission.
Our Privacy Commitments
Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC and Institutional Investor Inc. (together "we") respect the privacy of every person who visits, registers with or subscribes to our
websites and online publications ("you"), and are committed to ensuring a safe online experience.
This Privacy Statement outlines the information we may collect about you in relation to your use of our websites and related publications and services ("personal data") and how we may use that personal data. It also outlines the methods by which we and our service providers may (subject to necessary consents) monitor your online behaviour in order to deliver customised advertisements and marketing materials and other tailored services. This Privacy Statement also tells you how you can verify the accuracy of your personal data and how you can request that we delete or update it.
This Privacy Statement applies to all websites operated by us (as indicated on the relevant website) ("Sites"). For the purpose of this Privacy Statement
"group company" shall mean Euromoney Institutional Investor plc and any of its subsidiary companies, including, without limitation, Institutional Investor Inc.
Please note that the Sites may contain links to external sites and may contain advertisements for, and/or the opportunity for you to purchase products or services
from third parties. This privacy statement does not cover the activities of such third parties, and you should consult those third party sites' privacy policies for
information on how your data is used by them.
By accessing and using the Sites you are agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Information about us
Our principal business activities are:
- Business-to-Business Financial Publishing. We provide a range of products and services focused on international finance, metals, commodities, telecoms and emerging markets including magazines, newsletters, electronic information and data
- Organisers of Seminars, Conferences, Training Courses and Exhibitions for the financial markets industry
Euromoney Institutional Investor plc Company Address:
London EC4V 5EX
Institutional Investor, Inc. Company Address:
1120 Ave of the Americas, 6th floor
New York, NY 10036
Name of the Data Controller
The Data Controllers are Euromoney Institutional Investor plc and Institutional Investor Inc.
Euromoney Institutional Investor plc is subject to the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and is registered in the UK with the Information Commissioner's Office.
Collection of Personal Data
Our primary goal in collecting personal data from you is to give you an enjoyable customised experience whilst allowing us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs.
We collect certain personal data from you, which you give to us when using our Sites and/or registering or subscribing for our products and services. However, we also give you the option to access our Sites' home pages without subscribing or registering or disclosing your personal data.
We also collect certain personal data from other group companies to whom you have given information through their
websites (including, by way of example, Euromoney Institutional Investor plc and Institutional Investor Inc, in accordance with the purposes listed below).
Please note that we do not intend to collect any personal data from children under thirteen years of age and no child under thirteen should submit any personal data to any of the Sites. Should we discover that any such personal data has been delivered to any of the Sites, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
Types of Personal Data Held and its Use
- Customer Services and Administration
At some Sites, Euromoney collects personal data such as your name, job title, work and/or home address, and telephone number and email address in order to register you for access to certain content and subscriptions. This information may be supplemented with demographic information from your use of our Sites such as your postal area, age, gender, purchasing preferences and interests.
At other Sites, Euromoney may only collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
This information is used to administer and deliver to you the products and/or services you have requested, to operate our Sites efficiently and improve our service to you, and to retain records of our business transactions and communications. By using the Sites and submitting personal information through the registration process you are agreeing that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with the Site services and developing our business, which shall include (without limitation) the purposes described below in paragraphs 2 and 3.
- Monitoring use of our Sites
Where, as part of our Site services, we enable you to post information or materials on our Site, we may access and monitor any information which you upload or input, including in any password-protected sections. Subject to any necessary consents, we also monitor and/or record the different Sites you visit and actions taken on those Sites, e.g. content viewed or searched for. If you are a registered user (e.g. a subscriber or taking a trial), when you log on, this places a cookie on your machine. This enables your access to content and services that are not publicly available. Once you are logged on, the actions you take - for example, viewing an article - will be recorded (subject to any necessary consents). We may use technology or a service provider to do this for us. This information may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- to fulfil our obligations to you;
- to improve the efficiency, quality and design of our Sites and services;
- to see which articles, features and services are most read and used
- to track compliance with our terms and conditions of use, e.g. to ensure that you are acting within the scope of your user licence;
- for marketing purposes (subject to your rights to opt-in and opt-out of receiving certain marketing communications) - see paragraph 3 below;
- for advertising purposes, although the information used for these purposes does not identify you personally. Please see paragraph 5 below for more details;
- to protect or comply with our legal rights and obligations; and
- to enable our journalists to contact and interact with you online in connection with any content you may post to our Sites.
Please see paragraph 5 below for more information on cookies and similar technologies and a link to a page where you can turn them on or off.
Some of your personal data collected under paragraphs 1 and 2 above may be used by us and/or our other group companies and third party service
providers to contact you by email, fax, telephone and/or post for sending information or promotional material on our products and/or services and/or
those of our other group companies.
We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications and will in certain circumstances need to obtain your consent before sending such communications to you. Further detail can be found on the applicable Site and in each marketing communication sent by us, our group companies or service providers. See also "Consents and opt-outs" section below.
- Trading in Personal Data:
Some of your personal data may be collected and processed with the intention of selling it to other organisations, but this will not be done unless you have given your consent (separately to this privacy statement).
- Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are pieces of information which include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie.
- remember that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get and make sure that the Site runs fast enough;
- remember your login session so you can move from one page to another within the Site;
- store your preferences or your user name and password so that you do not need to input these every time you visit the Site;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of Site for you;
- record activity on our Sites so that we understand how you use our Sites enabling us to better tailor our content, services and marketing to your needs;
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site so that we can improve the Site; and
- gather information about the pages on the Site that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is only collected by reference to the IP address that you are using, but does include information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to place interest-based advertisements on the Site which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk. (Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about cookies)
Some of the cookies used by our Sites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services (such as interest based advertising directed at your market segment) on our behalf.
To see a list of the cookies and similar technologies used on this Site and instructions on how to turn them on and off click here. (Please email us at email@example.com if you have any queries about cookies)
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies in general by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking, deleting or turning off cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
Email tracking: So that we can better understand our users' needs, we track responses to our emails - for example, to see which links are the
most popular in newsletters, and to log and follow up responses to our marketing messages. To do this, we use pixel GIFs, also known as "pixel tags" - these are
small image files that are placed within the body of our email messages. They enable us to tell if a message has been opened and to track click-throughs on links
within the message.
Any other purposes for which Euromoney wishes to use your personal data will be notified to you and your personal data will not be used for any such purpose without obtaining your prior consent.
Consents and opt-outs
You can give your consent to or opt out of particular uses of your data as indicated above by:
- Indicating at the point on the relevant Site where personal data is collected;
- Informing us by email, post or phone; or
- Updating your preferences on the applicable Site;
For turning cookies and similar technologies on and off, see the information in paragraph 5 above.
Information collected at one Site may be shared between Euromoney Institutional Investor plc, Institutional Investor Inc. and other group companies for the purposes listed above.
Your personal data may also be sold to other companies in the form of lists and directories, but only after permission from you in accordance with the provisions above.
We may also disclose your personal data to other third parties, including, without limitation, professional advisers, or governmental or State institutions or regulatory authorities, where necessary in order to exercise or defend legal rights or where required by law.
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of our business.
Public forums, message boards and blogs
Some of our Sites make message boards, blogs or other facilities for user generated content available and users can participate in these facilities. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Transfers outside the EEA
Services on the Internet are accessible globally so collection and transmission of personal data is not always limited to one country. Euromoney Institutional Investor plc may transfer your personal data, for the purposes listed above, to other group companies, service providers or other third parties which may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may not give the level of protection to personal data as within the UK. This will include transfers to Institutional Investor Inc. in the US (and Institutional Investor Inc. will collect some data directly from you, in relation to the Sites which it operates) and to third parties who provide us with email and marketing services. Where we conduct any transfers we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Data
We are committed to keeping the data you provide us secure and will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from loss, misuse or alteration.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features described above to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees, contractors and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal data on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of your personal data, are obliged to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
We also give you the option of using a secure transmission method to send us personal data identifiers, such as credit card details and bank account number.
How to Access, Update and Erase your Personal Information
- Postal mail to this address: Data Protection Officer, Euromoney Institutional Investor plc, Nestor House, Playhouse Yard, London EC4V 5EX, UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)20 7779 8600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon request, we will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data which we keep about you. We may require proof of your identity and may charge a small fee (not exceeding the statutory maximum fee that can be charged) to cover administration and postage.
Euromoney allows you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate in accordance with applicable laws, you may have your personal information:
- rectified or amended
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement to reflect new legislation or industry practice, group company changes and customer feedback. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in April 2012.
This email already exists, please use "Forgot Password" page to reset a password for an existing account.
(Click "Reset Password" button below and email with password reset instruction will be emailed to you.)
This email you entered is not in valid format.